by kiki posted May 02, 2007
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
Fishing Licenses and Seasons FAQs
At what age must I have a fishing license?
Anglers age 16 and older must have a current Georgia fishing license in their possession while fishing in fresh or saltwater in Georgia. Conservation Rangers may require identification when checking fishing licenses. EXCEPTION: A fishing license is not required to fish in privately owned ponds, or by a landowner, and his or her immediate family, when fishing on their own land.

How much are fishing licenses?
Resident fishing license: $9.00
Resident Trout License: $5.00
Non-resident Season Fishing License: $24.00
Non-resident 7-day Fishing License: $7.00
Non-resident Trout License: $13.00
One-day Fishing License (Resident & Non-resident): $3.50

Do I need a fishing license if I am not fishing, but simply helping my child learn to fish?
If you do anything that might be construed as fishing, yes. For example, if you bait the hook and toss the line, you are fishing. If you take the fish off the hook for the child, you are fishing. However, if you just sit in the boat, don't touch any of the tackle, and simply observe, you are not fishing. The test comes when you are asked for a fishing license by a conservation ranger and you have to prove you aren't fishing. To be safe, we suggest getting a fishing license.

Do I need a different fishing license to fish in saltwater?
No. The same license used to fish in freshwater can be used to fish in saltwater.

Do I need a fishing license to fish in a private pond?
If the pond is wholly enclosed on a persons private land (that is, no ingress or egress from beyond the lands borders), no. However, if the pond is fed from waters coming in from outside the land borders, a license is required.

When does fishing season start?
There is no closed fishing season in Georgia. However, there is a closed trout fishing season for certain designated trout streams. Trout season opens the last Saturday in March and runs through the end of October. For more information, visit the fishing section of this Web site.